How To Process Long Term Social Visit Pass(LTSVP) in Malaysia
Latest posts by Gini Gangadharan (see all)
- Cost of Living in Singapore – Typical Samples - 6 January 2020
- TRYKE – another e-scooter sharing service inCyberjaya, Malaysia - 18 November 2019
- Malaysia Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) – Frequently Asked Questions - 2 July 2019
Image Source : ABS-CBN News
[ Guest Post ]
Thanks to our guest author Jagath Jayaprakash for arranging such a helpful article on the Long Term Social Visit Pass aka LTSVP in Malaysia. This subject was in our discussion groups since long time and we decided to prepare an article; and publish it here.
See detailed article from Jagath below.
What is LTSVP for ?
This document covers process or instructions for expats like us to apply for LTSVP inorder bring our parents for long stay in Malaysia for a maximum of 1 year. The duration may be less if the employment pass for the applicant is less than 1 year at the time of application.
Refer – www.imi.gov.my
- The Long Term Social Visit pass may be issued to a foreigner for a temporary stay in Malaysia for a period of not less than six months. Extensions of the period of stay can be given based on the eligibility and fulfilment of certain conditions.
- Foreign husbands/wives to Malaysians can be given the Social Visit Pass for a period of 5 years on condition that they comply with all the requirements.
- They are also allowed to engage in any form of paid employment or in any business or professional occupation without converting the Social Visit Pass to the Employment Pass or Visitor’s Pass (Temporary employment).
Documents required before applying LTSVP
- Full Copy of Applicant passport
- Full Copy of Parents passport
- Applicant Passport sized photo with blue background
- Parents Passport sized photo with white background
- Copy of Applicant’s Birth certificate and Parents Marriage Certificate OR you may request Indian High Commission to provide Relationship certificate.
- Insurance for parents. If the applicant is not having an employment, for example if student, then applicant has to apply for insurance for parents.
- Authorization letter from the employer. This can be furnished by the employer(HR)\Education Institution
Birth Certificate attestation
All of us know the process to obtain our birth certificate attested from BLS India. Please ensure that the DOB in passport and in our birth certificate is same, if not birth certificate will not get attested and hence our application for attestation will get rejected. We can get this one in 3 working days.
Please check BLS website for requirements – www.blsindia-malaysia.com
Marriage Certificate attestation
We can get this attestation also from BLS without much effort within 3 working days. Please check the requirements in order to apply for Marriage Certificate attestation in BLS site – Marriage Certificate Attestation
This certificate proves the relation between the applicant and the dependents(parents here). Please ensure that the name in their passport should be exactly same as that mention in applicant passport, if not we need to get an affidavit from Commissioner of Oaths from Malaysia stating that both the names mention the passports are of same person.
Sample Relationship Certificate Attached below.
You can find suitable one near to your location via this site – https://www.easylaw.com.my/commissioners-for-oaths/search
Please check the requirements inorder to apply for Relationship certificate in BLS site: http://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/relationship_cert.php
Once all the above are ready, apply via the employer or Institution.
Thanks again Jagath.
@Readers, if you find any data need to be improved/corrected, please add as a comment or mail to [email protected].