Gini Gangadharan

Gineesh Madapparambath | Backpacker, Foodie, Techie | | techbeatly

26 Responses

  1. Vinod says:

    Wow, indeed useful. Thanks team

  2. Robert says:

    Thanks a lot for the info. Really appreciated.

  3. Arif says:

    Can anyone help me with the process to cancel the LTSVP for my parent. My employment ends before the expiry of LTSVP and me and my parent will be leaving Malaysia. Do i need to cancel their LTSVP or let it expire naturally in next few months?

    • Sorry for late reply; we have overlook the comment.
      Usually it will expire like any other dependent visa if I am not mistaken.
      You don’t need to cancel unless your parents has some plan to visit Malaysia in a different Visa.

      We will check in our groups anyway and will update you if got any news.


  4. Phanisanthosh Kumar V says:

    Hello team: thank you for your kind assistance, very informative; pls assist me with following queries;

    1. What is the total cost for LTSVP (if applied directly i.e., without agents)?
    2. one of the agents are charging 2,500 MYR (Immigration Fee & Agent’s charges), is this a fair enough?
    3. please elaborate the process of applying LTSVP (website is asking for employer login)

    • Hi,
      It’s depends on how you are processing and seems 2500 is reasonable. We are checking in our circle on that.

      Please see a comment from our reader on SVP

      “hi all,

      sharing my experience applying Social Visit pass for my colleague’s parent,

      Step 1. Apply online at mdec site
      Docs Required:
      1.a Full copy of passport of parent
      1.b Under taking letter by company director
      1.c proof of relationship (This affidavit certificate can be obtained from BLS/India HighComm minor difference in parents name in passport is not a problem)
      1.d Copy of passport size photo to be uploaded
      1.e principal EP holder passport copy (first, last and EP pages)
      1.f Personal Bond affixed with RM10.00 revenue stamp (sampe )

      Payment : Rm.530.00/pax

      Once the online application approved, will be able to download the approval letter

      STEP 2 : using the approval letter get entry visa stamping from india and enter to malaysia

      STEP 3: Submit online application for endorsement after they are in malaysia
      Payment : Rm.550/pax

      Once payment made submit passport to mdec for endorsement”

  5. Mohamed Safi Moosa says:

    If i bring my mother on a normal social visit pass and then after she is here , since i hold the Employement Pass via EXPATS, may i know if i can still apply for LTSVP or my mother has to travel only after the approval letter.

    Regarding the relationship certificate, my passport has mothers name which is same as what is mentioned in my mothers passport, will this serve to prove the relation ship or i still need the relation ship certificate. i saw the BLS website, they ask to fill the form, but i dont see much information there as i speaks about adding names in passport.

    • Mohammed Safeer says:

      Based on my experience with MDeC,
      Can apply while in Malaysia I think. When filling the online form there is one part to fill current visa details if they are already in MY.

      Relationship certificate is a required doc to be uploaded

  6. Mohammed Safeer says:

    Based on my experience with MDeC,
    Can apply while in Malaysia I think. When filling the online form there is one part to fill current visa details if they are already in MY.

    Relationship certificate is a required doc to be uploaded


    Hi Mohamed Safi Moosa, Since your mother is already in Malaysia, your HR team\concerned visa applying authority should be able to stamp Journey performed Visa(JPV) in her passport, which means that already the journey has been done from home country. You may need to pay for this which normally includes in the total cost for applying the LTVSP.
    Relation ship certificate is a mandatory document needed for applying LTVSP. If you see that there is no change in name of your mother in both the passports(yours and you mother’s), then you can go ahead and apply for Relationship certificate The form that you mentioned(eap2.pdf in BLS website) is needed to be filled and submitted while applying for Relationship certificate. You dont have to mention : Particulars of Children to be included / deleted : as this is irrelevant to your need.

  8. Bobby says:

    Hi, I wish to bring my mom to Malaysia. I have a valid employment pass and she is living in India at the moment. I have already applied for the relationship certificate from BLS. Waiting for it to arrive.
    However, my employer is asking for attested copies of birth and Mom’s marriage certificate. Is that necessary?

    • Hi Bobby,
      As per our friends who did this item, birth certificate is for your child, marriage cert is for your spouse and for parents it should be a relationship certificate. You can see the process in above article.
      Hope you have parents name in your passport.

  9. Rajat says:

    Hi, I’m looking to apply for Long term visit pass for my mother. Can you pl suggest some agents with reasonable fee, for the same.

    Thanks – Rajat


      Hi Rajat, So far in my knowledge this has to be processed via your HR\official agency approved by your company.

  10. Rajat says:

    Thanks Jagath. Is there a way I can get it processed on my own, as the agent suggested by our company is super expensive

  11. Rohan Bhambhani says:

    How to Make the Personal Bond?


    Hi Rohan,
    Please follow the link: to get the affidavit template.
    You need to get the stamping from commissioner of oaths on this document. Once this is ready, can submit to BLS along with application for relationship certificate.
    Hope this helps!

    • Rohan Bhambhani says:

      @Jagath and Gini, Thank you very much for this wonderful articles and also your support with regards to my queries.

      I went to BLS yesterday. The helpdesk informed me that they can’t issue Relationship certificate as there is one alphabet extra in my mother’s names on my passport. Affidavit won’t work. I am not sure how accurate this information is considering BLS has a very bad track record.

      Would you provide any insight ?


        Hi Rohan,
        I also had the same situation and BLS only advised me to get an affidavit from the commissioner of oaths stating the names mentioned in respective passports are of same person and this has been done on last August 2018 as well. I would suggest you to get the affidavit first and then produce it to BLS, just mention that you got the affidavit for the change in names(spelling).
        By the way what did BLS team replied to you if affidavit dont work?

        • Rohan Bhambhani says:

          Hello Jagath,

          Thanks for the reply. BLS Advised me to check with relevant visa issuing party or immigration Malaysia. I found this advice strange. I did tweet to MEAquery however not reply. BLS is notorious for giving wrong information.

          I will follow your advice and let you know the outcome of this.

  13. “Hi,
    Nice article, if you wish to read more about Long Term Visit Pass you can read the below article.

  1. 28 April 2018

    cartier bijoux femme imitation

    Andrea,We ended up going with Cloud White on the walls and Simply White on the trim. The Cloud white reads very creamy whereas the Simply White is a good basic white…not too stark, not too creamy. I wish I would have done Simply White on the walls…shou…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *