Taxi Services in Malaysia
Latest posts by Gini Gangadharan (see all)
- TRYKE – another e-scooter sharing service inCyberjaya, Malaysia - 18 November 2019
- Malaysia Long Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) – Frequently Asked Questions - 2 July 2019
- Best Foreign Money Transfer Services in Malaysia - 24 May 2019
OK, so you have reached Malaysia, now looking for transportation options around ? Yes, fortunately you have best public transport options like LRT (Light Rail Transit ), Monorail, KTM Komuter, ERL (KLIA Express & KLIA Transit) and RapidKL Bus services in Malaysia, especially in Kuala Lumpur. And we all know that using public transport is the best way to save money during our trips.
Still looking for a “Teksi” (Taxi) service ? Ok, you have lot of taxi services here. You can book a taxi via phone, online or taxi booking application via your mobile phone. Metered fare system (bermeter) in Kuala Lumpur is RM3.00 for the first 1 km and subsequent 150 metres is RM0.10.There will be a surcharge of RM 2.00 if you booking over phone or internet. (And these all will be bit more for executive and luxury taxi’s.) Always avoid taxi drivers who refuse to use meter and asking for “quoted” fare. But don’t worry, Malaysian taxi drivers are very friendly and kind to the passengers, I have a lot of good experience.
- Always note Taxi registration number and driver name if possible.
- Always find a landmark as boarding point before you book taxi. This will help taxi driver to reach you easily and avoid calls.
- Before boarding taxi, make sure driver knows the target location exactly, to avoid extra running to find your target.
- Check at your hotel or by street maps and should have an idea on average taxi fare to your destination. You may try taxiautofare.com for a quick look.
- Malaysians sometimes say “Dollars” instead of “Ringgit”, so always clarify the currency before you pay. May be they meant 10 Malaysian Ringgit and you would pay 10USD ????
Grab (formerly MyTeksi)
One of the major taxi booking service which is available Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam and Indonesia. Grab (formerly MyTeksi) application is available for Android, iOS and Blackberry devices. It has a clean and neat interface with quick booking options.
Taxi booking applications is available on Android, iOS and Windows platforms. Also you can book a taxi via web application or by calling +603 2614 4161.
Offers various taxi services like Budget Taxi, Executive Taxi, Lady Cab & Limousine. Unicablink, the Mobile application available on Android and iOS platforms with a neat and clean interface.
Call : 1300-800-222 (CAB)
Offers two types of services – Maxi Cab andTown Cab. Maxi Cabs are luxurious with a bigger capacity catering to bigger groups or special occasions.
Town Taxi : +60(3) 6259 2020
Maxi Cab : +60(3) 6259 1913
Town Taxi : +60(7) 241 3111
Maxi Cab : +60(7) 241 2233
Town Taxi : +60(6) 761 3333
Maxi Cab : +60(6) 767 1913
Maxi Cab : +60(6) 334 6262
Offer taxi booking service in Kuala Lumpur, Johor and Singapore. Booking can be done via Android or iOS applications or via www.taximonger.com.
Another taxi booking application but only available for Android platform.
Another radio taxi service in Kuala Lumpur who offer booking over IMs like whatsapp, viber, wechat or line ????
Call : +603 8948 2193
One Malaysia Taxi Services
Offering medium high specification taxi services to airports, hotel transfers, travel arrangement plus a whole range of other services.
Call : +6012-660 0922 / +6012 3361099
Call : 1300 88 8989
Also there a lot of local taxi service like radio taxi’s and local taxi operators.
- City Line +603 9222 2828
- Comfort +603 2692 2525
- UpTownAce SuperCab +603 9283 2333
- Radio Taxi +603 2692 6000